Re: Document Action: 'BinaryTime: An alternate format for representing date and time in ASN.1' to Experimental RFC

2004-11-15 08:34:41
Graham Klyne writes:
The integer value is the number of seconds after midnight UTC,
January 1, 1970.

NEW:

The integer value is the number of seconds, ignoring leap seconds,
after midnight UTC, January 1, 1970.

This slipped under my radar until this announcement.

Has there been detailed discussion of leap second issues?  What
exactly does the revised text "ignoring leap seconds" actually mean
(I think I can guess, but I also think there's some room for
misinterpretation here)?

Yes.  Maybe "excluding leap seconds" would have been clearer.
--
Simon.