Re: Document Action: 'BinaryTime: An alternate format for representing date and time in ASN.1' to Experimental RFC

2004-11-16 17:17:59
On 11/16/04 at 5:02 AM +0100, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

Graham Klyne writes:
The integer value is the number of seconds after midnight UTC, January 1, 1970.

NEW:

The integer value is the number of seconds, ignoring leap seconds, after midnight UTC, January 1, 1970.

I think Russ' intention for this was that you should be able to copy the Unix time() into it without any further thinking (except wondering whether the clock is accurate) - "ignoring leap seconds" rather obviously doesn't say the same thing to everyone....

Suggestions for rewording? Russ?

I think you want to go back to the old wording. If you need a reference to insert, see RFC 1305, Appendix E, sections 7 & 8.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <http://www.qualcomm.com/~presnick/>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102