Re: Why the IPnG effort failed.

2004-11-18 14:46:38
At 17:52 18/11/2004, Scott W Brim wrote:
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 04:38:37PM +0100, Brian E Carpenter allegedly wrote:
> It didn't. For an effort always expected to take at least 15 years,
> we are doing OK.
>
> It is always good to learn from history, of course.

That's funny.  I recall that when we started we expected it to *last* 15
years, or less, during which time we would come up with a truly new
routing & addressing architecture.

any hint of what was dreamed at that time ? The real issue is here. We will certainly go THROUGH IPv6 just in order to get a /128 plan, on our way to the /256 one. The real issue is what is going to be the new routing architecture?
jfc