Re: AdminRest: Finances and Accounting

2004-11-19 14:49:52
In my more folksy moments, I have said that we're aiming for a
situation in which the "IETF's administration is under ISOC's wing"
rather than one in which the "IETF is a wing of ISOC".

I like that way of thinking about it

The critical point, though, is that the community needs to converge
on what it wants to happen *before* this document is called done

I agree

two things along that line
1/ if there is anything that people feel needs to be very specific
   there someone should consult with experts who work in the specific
   area (accounts, IPR rules, etc) before the document is "done"

2/ in all cases the principal of what the IETF wants should be
   specifically stated - i.e. a reader should not have to guess what
   the IETF wants by looking at the mechanism and trying to
   reverse engineer to see what the mechanism was trying to ensure

   see the begining of the rewrite of the paragraph I included
   in my longer posting for a cut at trying to do that

Scott