RE: Adminrest: section 4 B

2004-12-03 05:42:04

--On torsdag, desember 02, 2004 20:19:53 +0100 "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <bwijnen(_at_)lucent(_dot_)com> wrote:

Scott writes:

draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-01 section 4 also says
   The members of the IAOC choose their own chair each year using a
   consensus mechanism of their choosing.  Any appointed voting member
   of the IAOC may serve as the IAOC Chair; the IETF Administrative
   Director, the IETF Chair, the IAB Chair, the ISOC President/CEO, and
   non-voting liaisons are not eligible to serve as IAOC Chair.

most of the 2nd sentence is redundant and not needed - once you
say that only appointed members can be chair you have it all defined

Discussed this with my co-editor Rob.
We both probably can live with removing it.
But we also both feel that the redundancy in this case does make it VERY
clear that we do not want those 3 specific IAOC members to become chair.

Other people with an opinion?

I think the redundancy should stay.