Re: Adminrest: created IPR

2004-12-03 05:23:57

--On torsdag, desember 02, 2004 18:02:16 +0100 Henrik Levkowetz <henrik(_at_)levkowetz(_dot_)com> wrote:

I'm not sure if the current text clearly implies that tools created
for the IASA by a contractor, and data collected for the IASA by a
contractor shall be openly available.

I think the IETF needs the power to decide this on a case by case basis.
For instance, we've had multiple rounds of making it more difficult to extract email addresses from our attendee list - "openly available" means "available to spammers too". Not to mention that we have records of email conversations that deal with personnel selection matters.

"Available for use in the IETF" is obvious; "available to the IETF with no restriction by the contractor" is sensible. But be careful....