Re: Adminrest: created IPR

2004-12-03 06:41:34
Carl Malamud wrote:
2.2.6 currently reads:

The right to use any intellectual property rights created by any IASA-related or IETF activity may not be withheld or limited in any way by ISOC from the IETF.

I suggest inserting the word "irrevocable" before the word "right."  That
covers us
in the case of blowing the bolts.

You could simply append:

As a matter of principle the IAOC and IAD should ensure that any contracts for IASA clearly designate that any software, databases, and websites should be openly available, including open source for software and a machine-readable format for databases, whenever possible.

I think this is OK as is.

   Brian