Re: Suggest new mailing list for IASA stuff

2004-12-10 10:05:27

Leif Johansson wrote:
Leslie Daigle wrote:

| Well, the choice to put this on the ietf-discuss list was deliberate:
| including making sure that a reasonable cross section of the IETF
| would see the discussion.  It's not at all clear that such a cross
| section would bother to subscribe to a new mailing list (and a new
| mailing list often just attracts the people who are interested
| for the wrong reasons).
|
| In my personal opinion, it would be better to leave the discussion
| here at least until the last call on the BCP is done.  At that point,
| we'll be into implementation, and if there are further
| matters to discuss, it would be reasonable to say "we are now into
| implementation phase, people who are interested can subscribe <here>".
|
| Also, the threads are pretty easily identifiable (and skippable).

Indeed. I'd much rather see the various NAT tro^H^H^Hdiscussions go
to the apropriate place. The restructuring discussion is important for
the community as a whole. This is exactly imo why we have an ietf list.

It's unfortunate we don't respect the wishes of the IETF, rather than telling them what's good for them. IMO, the IETF _is_ the participants, and the WG chairs, IESG, and IAB, etc. serve them. We reject kings, remember?

Whether it's the AdminRest, or other technical topics, it's the community's decision whether to track something.

Joe