Re: bcp-02: Section 3.4

2004-12-11 05:12:29

I tend to agree. As I mentioned in another note, I too am uncomfortable with the appeal procedures.

In my case, I am not so much concerned about the ability to overturn decisions, such as contracts that are signed, as I have accepted that allowing this might make the job impossible. But I am concerned about the inability for the IETF community to invoke censure against an IAD who persists in making contractual arrangements that the IETF community finds unacceptable.

Unless I am missing something in the document, there is no way for a member of the IETf community to formally ask the IAOC to review the decisions of the IAD. And while it is possible to lodge an appeal against the IAOC for not supervising the IAD properly, I think this may be a bit too roundabout.

a.