RE: bcp-02: Section 3.4

2004-12-12 13:11:45
I guess I am of the "less formal" type of person.
We can send omcplaints/concerns ot IAOC.
We ssume IAOC will handle/act on it
If they do not, we can start the recall process on them

Maybe I am just too simple minded.

Bert

-----Original Message-----
From: avri(_at_)psg(_dot_)com [mailto:avri(_at_)psg(_dot_)com]
Sent: Sunday, December 12, 2004 15:17
To: Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
Cc: ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; Sam Hartman
Subject: Re: bcp-02: Section 3.4

Well,

A letter of complaint requires no response unless there is something
that formalizes the requirement of response.

And if there is no procedure indicating that the IAOC needs to pay
attention to a letter of complain, that decision, i.e the one
to ignore
letters of complain, cannot be appealed.

So, as I see it, without a formalized process of complaint/appeal of
IAD actions we are left with no avenue to deal with problems
other then
by the yearly nomcom process and the IETF list.