RE: Adminrest: BCP -03: Compensation for IAOC members

2005-01-03 08:27:13
Bert,

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 16:46, ext Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:
Scott reponds to Jonne:

Jonne asks:
would
x.x Compensation for IOAC members
        The IOAC members shall not receive any compensation (apart from
        reimbursement of expenses) for their services as members of the
        IOAC."

do the trick then?

works for me

personal opinion:
Not for me. It seems to make it autotmatic that IAOC members DO receive
reimbursement for expenses. I think I can live with the fact that thye
may get it in special circumstances, but I do not like the idea
that text suggests that it is normal to reimburse them.

The current text in section 3, 1st para states

   ....   The IAOC consists of volunteers, ....

does that not say enough?

I don't think that is quite enough, IMHO. I think the fact that the IAOC
members are not to be payed for their services (no compensation for lost
free time) should be documented. I am (as my original proposal was not
to have the IAOC people reimbursed at all) sympathetic of the idea to
optimise the IASA funds by having reimbursements being rather an
exception than a rule. I just thought that many people were saying that
they for some reason would like the IAOC being treated a bit better than
the IESG/IAB...

Cheers,

Jonne.

Bert

Jonne Soininen
Nokia

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: jonne(_dot_)soininen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com