Re: Adminrest: BCP -03: Compensation for IAOC members

2005-01-04 01:39:13

--On 3. januar 2005 07:40 -0800 EKR <ekr(_at_)rtfm(_dot_)com> wrote:

I don't think that anyone is saying that. However, AFAIK there's
in fact no rule prohibiting IESG/IAB members from being directly
paid by IETF--not that that's a likely event.

At at least one point in the IETF's history, there was a nomcom interviewing a candidate for an IETF role where the candidate said that he would take the job only if the job was compensated - he had neither an employer willing to sponsor nor a sufficient personal fortune he was willing to spend.

This received serious consideration at the time, but in the end the result of the consideration was to pick someone else.

I'd like to reinforce EKR's point here - there should be rules for this sort of thing - but *these do not need to be in this document*.

My opinion.

                        Harald