Re: Excellent choice for summer meeting location!

2005-01-03 22:14:08
Franck Martin wrote:

On serious note: go in the Alps. The ski stations are nearly empty (no snow), they have huge capacity (some were Winter Olympic places), the weather is quite good and the scenery is breath taking.

Might I suggest that you find a suitable venue and a sponsor that can provide connectivity to the venue and then suggest it.

Having been through this process (and Jordi I started hassling for Adelaide at the Columbus meeting in 1993 and Jun spent a similar amount of time trying to get it to Tokyo so keep going :) I can say it's not easy trying to find a venue that can be configured for an IETF (multiple large meeting rooms) together with a large number of close by hotel rooms.

Mark.