individual submission Last Call -- default yes/no.

2005-01-06 12:02:08
   However the reason
  why many things come in as individual submissions is that the community
  doesn't care much.

I sure hope you are very, very wrong.

If the community does not care much, then I do not see the purpose in making it
an IETF standard.

A standards process is primarily about gaining community support for a common
way of doing something.

So if the IESG is satisfied enough to put out a last
  call, and nobody responds -- it doesn't have community support -- the
  default community position shouldn't be "no" but "no objection".

That's a default 'yes'.

We already have a problem with producing specifications that no one uses.  A
default 'yes' on outside submissions makes it likely we will get lots more.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking