Re: Consensus search: #725 3.4b Appealing decisions

2005-01-14 05:57:29
Avri said

I think creating the procedure to avoid so called 'DOS attacks' is,
> in effect, fighting a problem we do not have.

But we do not have a body responsible to the IETF community today
that awards commercial contracts. As I understand the concern, it's
that when we create this body, we expose it to a real risk of
people/companies misusing its public responsibility for frankly
commercial reasons. As in mailbombing with messages like
"why did you award the contract to A, when I have been told that
B's bid was ten cents cheaper?" (I'm not saying that isn't a valid
question, but it shouldn't be asked hundreds of times.)

So while there must be an open complaints procedure, it has to
be one that cannot easily be abused.

   Brian