Re: Scope of labels (Re: Last Call Comments on draft-iasa-bcp-04.txt)

2005-01-17 07:44:42
At 3:15 PM +0100 1/17/05, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

If this is only to speak to the IASA activity, it becomes:

  Transparency: The IETF community shall have complete visibility into
     the financial and legal structure of the IASA activity.
     In particular, a detailed budget for the entire IASA,
     quarterly financial reports, and audited annual
     financial reports shall all be available to the IETF community.
     In addition, key contract material and MOUs shall also be publicly
     available.  The IAD and IAOC are responsible for providing regular
     overviews of the state of the IASA to the IETF community.

Does this look right(er)?
(All other occurences of the word "standards" seem linked to IETF's standards process. That's good.)

This looks correct to me, but I'm not sure why it would be covered under "ISOC responsibilities", since this is a responsibility of the IAD/IAOC (right?). It is also stated quite clearly elsewhere.

Is there some level of transparency that we are expecting form _ISOC_ (as distinct from the IASA) regarding this activity? If so, we should list that here -- maybe just that ISOC would support the IAD/IAOC in producing these reports? Otherwise, perhaps we should just delete this paragraph?

Margaret