Rough consensus? #425 3.5

2005-01-19 04:02:40
Trying to close this item, which is not resolved in the -04 draft:

I believe that the list discussion has converged on very rough consensus (Sam and Avri being the people who worry that we're building a DoS attack defense that we don't need, but Brian, Scott and John Klensin, at least, strongly arguing that we need that mechanism) on the following text, which I suggested on Jan 13, replacing the last 3 paragraphs of section 3.4:
3.5 Decision review

In the case where someone questions a decision of the IAD or the
IAOC, he or she may ask for a formal review of the decision.

The request for review is addressed to the person or body that made
the decision. It is up to that body to decide to make a response,
and on the form of a response.

The IAD is required to respond to requests for a review from the
IAOC, and the IAOC is required to respond to requests for a review
of a decision from the IAB or from the IESG.

If members of the community feel that they are unjustly denied a
response to a request for review, they may ask the IAB or the IESG
to make the request on their behalf.

Answered requests for review and their responses are made public.