Re: Rough consensus? #425 3.5

2005-01-20 04:31:10

--On torsdag, januar 20, 2005 00:00:36 -0500 Michael StJohns <mstjohns(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com> wrote:

If you (general plural) really feel this section needs to stand I think
you need to address at least two issues and narrow them substantially:
who has standing to ask for a formal review? and on what specific issues
can the IAOC/IAD be reviewed?   If you can't this section needs to go.

For standing you've currently got "someone"... *sigh*
For issues you've got "a decision of the IAD or IAOC" ... *sigh*  At a
minimum, I'd explicitly prohibit review of the IADs actions by any body
except the IAOC - direct the review to the IAOC only.

Mike,

the text that I started off this thread with had:

- Standing: Anyone can *ask*, but only the IESG and IAB can demand an answer. - Issues: Any decision. I think this is right - enumerating the issues that can be reviewed is simply the wrong level of detail for this document. - Who reviews: IAD reviews IAD decisions, IAOC reviews IAOC decisions. The read "review" as "explain why", not "I override you".

The fact that IAOC has oversight of the IAD is actually not mentioned here; it's mentioned in enough other places.

Of course, Margaret's proposed text is different. But I believe you were starting off by objecting to the one I wrote - and I'm not sure I understand how you interpreted what I wrote.

                Harald