Re: Progressing Re: Progress report......

2005-01-26 11:30:26

--On onsdag, januar 26, 2005 12:30:13 -0500 Margaret Wasserman <margaret(_at_)thingmagic(_dot_)com> wrote:

--On Wednesday, 26 January, 2005 11:02 -0500 Margaret Wasserman
I just went back and looked at the text, and it appears, to my
chagrin, that after weeks of discussion about "preferred
outsourcing" and "RFP-based processes", we have "improved" the
language sufficiently to not prevent, even in principle, private
and secret dealings leading to contracts that cannot be un-done
without any opportunity for meaningful community input either
before or after the fact.    Perhaps we need to fix that :-(

Yes.  We seem to have been moving rather steadily in that direction...
This is probably the result of basing our work on a draft (that I wrote)
that was largely intended to describe the corporate organization of the
IETF administrative support function. Most of the other informraiton in
Carl's draft (including how we should handle our contract negotiations)
was (at least IMO) okay with both the Scenario C and Scenario O camps
and, as a result, has been omitted from the BCP document.

And, yes, I do think we should do something to fix it...  Perhaps we
could review Carl's original draft (which may have expired by now, but I
am sure we can find it) and identify sections that we think should be
brought over into the IASA BCP?

I may be over-eager to get the organization in place - but - perhaps we should get this organizational BCP out the door and clear some tables for working on what we want this shiny new organization of ours to accomplish for us THIS year, rather than, as the BCP tries to be, ANY year?

The BCP is not the end.

                     Harald