Call for minor issues, and plan going forward

2005-01-28 07:07:44
Since my "call for consensus" has now been on the list for 24 hours, and nobody's raised the "showstopper" flag, I'm calling for the minor issues that should be fixed before the -06 goes out - spelling mistakes, slight underspecifications and so on.

The editors will be trying to integrate that feedback on Monday, and have a new version ready to post when the secretariat opens for business on Tuesday morning. I hope that this version will be the final one, and can start the clock ticking on the "one week of silence" I promised earlier.

The outstanding tracked issues I am aware of:

- Appeals: I haven't yet seen anyone say that Margaret's text with Leslie's edits is a show-stopper for them. This covers ticket #725 and #792. I'll send out a message recapitulating that status.

- Clarification of accounting terms (issue #787) - I believe Bert has sent out text that seems acceptable.

- IPR stuff regarding sublicensing (issue #820) - Jorge has said that he thinks his text lets us sublicense as needed; I have asked him to explain that to the IETF list. I think the text is OK.

- Bob Kahn's note on suggested additional IAOC responsibilities (issue #825). I've heard a suggestion that we should address that by adding the list of the IPR that the IETF thinks belongs to it in the document; I'm worried that agreeing on that list could take a long time. Otherwise, I have not seen other voices calling for change because of this.

- Removal of the IAOC chair (issue #826) - I have suggested text.

If you know of other substantial issues, they still need to be raised here so that they can be tracked. The editors will of course incorporate spelling mistakes and similar minor changes if they are made aware of them.

Hoping that's a plan....

                   Harald