Re: some pending IASA issues

2005-02-02 18:43:59
"JFC (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey(_at_)jefsey(_dot_)com> writes:
The concern is that you do not want to use the ISOC capacity to better
legally and financially manage/advise the IASA, also that you favor
the possibility to influence the choice of contractors location
through the choice of IAOC members. I think there is there a source of
COI and protests for lack of transparency.

I therefore insist for the above paragraph to be slightly modified in
using "[The IAB and IESG should chose] people from the various regions
of the world [with some knowledge of contracts ....]".

For the record, this is a terrible idea to codify. This is precisely
the sort of policy matter that the IESG and IAB should decide
for themselves.

-Ekr