Re: IPR language in IASA BCP

2005-02-11 12:38:29
On rescanning (and rescanning) the text, I find that "irrevocable" is already in there (!), but I have some problems with where to fit "fully paid up", since it is really only relevant to licensing, while most of the text talks about "rights".

There is one paragraph that does talk about licensing, in paragraph 7 of section 3.1, and we can add it there:

       It is preferred that Developed Software be
       provided and licensed for IASA and IETF use in source
       code form, with no ongoing payments.

No binding promises, but our preference is clear.
Makes sense?