Re: IPR language in IASA BCP

2005-02-11 12:49:55
Harald Tveit Alvestrand <harald(_at_)alvestrand(_dot_)no> writes:

On rescanning (and rescanning) the text, I find that "irrevocable" is
already in there (!), but I have some problems with where to fit
"fully paid up", since it is really only relevant to licensing, while
most of the text talks about "rights".

There is one paragraph that does talk about licensing, in paragraph 7
of section 3.1, and we can add it there:

        It is preferred that Developed Software be
        provided and licensed for IASA and IETF use in source
        code form, with no ongoing payments.

No binding promises, but our preference is clear.
Makes sense?
That makese sense.

-Ekr