Please review updated 1id-guidelines

2005-02-19 20:03:35

Hi,

  I'm working on an update for 1id-guidelines.txt so that it
will be ready to reflect the new IPR RFCs (RFC 3907 and 3908)
when they are published.  It's gone through one round of
discussion in the IESG; now I'm looking for more complete
review.

  Pieces that could use extra review:
- Section 3 - in particular, are the 4 choices for copyright
  statements clear enough, and what type of document needs what?
- Section 7 - the section on naming was redone, removing the
  part about asking the secretariat for a filename, and adding
  the rules for an I-D filename.
- Section 9 - this was significantly updated to reflect the
  authors' responsibilities under 3667/3668 (it still said
  "if you know about IPR, you should consider sending an IPR
  disclosure")

  The updated version is available at
http://homepage.mac.com/billfenner/id-guidelines/1id-guidelines.txt
or
http://homepage.mac.com/billfenner/id-guidelines/1id-guidelines.html

  Diffs from the current version are
http://homepage.mac.com/billfenner/id-guidelines/1id-guidelines-diff.html

  I expect to remove the "Status of this document" section and
all of the entries inside [[..]] when it's ready to be installed
as 1id-guidelines.txt.

  Bill