Comments on draft-ietf-newtrk-sd-00.txt

2005-03-03 17:23:55
John Klensin wrote (on the IETF discussion list):
This is, IMO, part of the "standing procedural document"

There's your TLA: SPD (which might or might not be popular
in Germany...).

Speaking of TLAs, the WG might want to reconsider ISD which
looks quite a bit like ISO, especially in some fonts at
small sizes...

There is a placeholder proposal in front of NEWTRK, paralleling
the "ISD" proposal, that would actually create a document series
for these things, separate from BCPs and probably from RFCs.
It isn't obviously a NEWTRK work item, but was prepared to
export a loose end from the ISD draft.   Unless the idea crashes
and burns in informal discussions next week, I expect that the
NEWTRK Chair and the relevant AD will, sometime thereafter, make
a decision about whether and how it should be developed and
carried forward.

I'd encourage you (and others concerned about this) to have a
look at the document and comment as appropriate to the NEWTRK
list.  The current draft is draft-ietf-newtrk-sd-00.txt.

The draft looks OK in principle; a few nits:

In section 1, 2nd paragraph, "have traditionally be" should
be "traditionally have been".

The answer to the note in section 2 is above.  Or we could
revive Harald's suggestions for "Recommended Internet
Practices" or "Directives for Oversight and Administration".

I suspect you want a different TLA in the heading of section 4.