RE: Comments on draft-ietf-newtrk-sd-00.txt

2005-03-04 07:04:39

--On 4. mars 2005 06:59 -0500 "Hollenbeck, Scott" <shollenbeck(_at_)verisign(_dot_)com> wrote:

In honor of our retiring chair and his talent with acronyms, the
working draft has been changed to use "Directives for Oversight
and Administration".  The editorial problems Bruce identified
have been fixed.   :-)

There's an interesting acronym that can be derived from "Directives for
Oversight and Administration" -- DOA*.  I hope that's just an
unintentional coincidence!

-Scott-

* For those of you that might not be familiar with American expressions,
"DOA" is often used as the short form of "Dead On Arrival".

Not unintentional at all - the other term I suggested splitting BCP into, "Recommended Internet Practices", abbreviates to "RIP" - or "Rest In Peace".....

cute acronyms is a longstanding IETF tradition (or BFD wouldn't be a working group) but I suspect it will mutate into a more boring one after a few more rounds :-)

Thanks for the accolade, John!

                         Harald