Re: Last Call: 'Message Submission' to Draft Standard

2005-03-04 17:21:41
Bruce, fwiw, this general approach was discussed when this
protocol was first being designed.  I can't remember all of the
reasons why it was rejected, but at least one of them was that
we didn't want to put unreasonable burdens on clients.  At this
stage, you are talking about what would, in essence, be a whole
new protocol design.  For that, I think you are going to need
both a draft (not an email note with an outline of what you
would like to see in principle) and a compelling reason to undo
or change what, operationally, does not appear to be broken.

   john

--On Wednesday, 02 March, 2005 15:15 -0500 Bruce Lilly