Re: Last Call: 'Message Submission' to Draft Standard

2005-03-04 21:37:40
On Fri March 4 2005 22:43, ned(_dot_)freed(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

Not only was it discussed, the draft actually specified this scheme at one
point.

The problem in a nutshell was that it required client modifications.

Ned, if I understand your remarks correctly, you are claiming that
the scheme that I outlined requires client modification.  That is
incorrect, though w/o modification, operation would be as is currently
the case (i.e. the scheme is intended to be backward compatible) with
RFC 2476 (client can't distinguish whether server is MTA or MSA, has
no control over modifications, etc.).  Could you please explain
specifically where you believe that the scheme outlined *requires*
client modification.