Re: french crypto regulations relating to personal encryption usage by visitors?

2005-04-02 05:40:59

    But, having travelled in and out of France for the last decade+ I can
    categorically state that this has NEVER happened to me nor anyone I
    know of/have heard of.

Neither have I. Nor have crypto laws seem a problem taking a lap top
over US borders.

    So, trying to get an "IETF Excemption", Sam, for a non-issue seems like
    just a way to raise a bunch of flags we don't need raised.

    Let's let the sleeping (clueless) dogs sleep.

I'm amazed about what non-issues are raised everytime the IETF is
not meeting in the USA.

Real serious issues seem to be waved away.  To my opinion, one
threat to the international nature of the IETF are the continuous
increasing difficulties entering the US. This morning I read in the
local papers that starting the 25th of october the Visa-Waiver
program will grind to a halt for (most) Europeans.

        jaap