Re: text suggested by ADs

2005-05-02 02:52:06
At 23:47 30/04/2005, Fred Baker wrote:
On #2, when an AD posts a DISCUSS, s/he is now required to post a comment to the id tracker. I don't think you want the AD to have to write it twice. Coming back to a comment that was made earlier (and has been made on tools-discuss(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org, which IMHO is a better place to have this part of the discussion) what you want is an automated note sent to the WG mailing list (or in the case of an individual submission, to the authors) indicating that the draft's tracker entry has been updated and giving a URL to go read it.

As a general rule and to make everyone aware of the id tracker, I would suggest it to be netiquette to refer to Drafts though their ULD there - as for any other quoted document. It would simplify the life of everyone, make people more aware of the IESG work and probably increase global efficiency? jfc