Re: text suggested by ADs

2005-05-02 10:44:29
Keith,

It's as likely to boil down to "how do we get this WG to realize that
there really is a serious technical problem with what they've created?"

How about requiring to produce working code (and perhaps operational
experience) ?

working code is valuable in some cases - especially where it appears that
the protocol is not easily implemented.  but working code won't provide
an indication of how well the protocol works in large deployments in the
wild.  for that, analysis and/or modeling are the best tools we have.

How many of such analysis and/or modeling has been produced by the IESG ?

Yakov.