last post on Re: text suggested by ADs

2005-05-05 11:32:18
ADs don't have a "right" to override anything.  They are, however,
entrusted with the power to review documents on behalf of the
organization. We extend this trust to a few carefully-screened people
to avoid the situation where a much larger number of self- selecting
people have the ability to make arbitrary, contradicting, and sometimes
incompetent statements on behalf of the organization.

So we have a smaller set entrusted to do the same? The setsize isn't the
issue; it's the imbalance of control.

The setsize and imbalance of control are not issues, they are features. You can't get reasonable consistency or quality any other way. Again, you seem to be ignoring the numerous remedies to abuse or poor decision-making that exist (some formal, others informal).

This discussion has long since become circular, we're not converging, and I'd rather be doing useful technical work. So this will be my last post on this thread. You may now have the last word.

Keith