Re: improving WG operation

2005-05-08 05:56:29
The original focus of IETF was to create and firm-up the Internet. That
war was won.

You're complaining that some application-layer stuff like IM isn't as orderly
as you'd like.

I don't see the connection between your complaint and the original
focus.

Even if that was the original focus, I don't think it is relevant any longer. I've been around IETF for 15 years and that has never been IETF's focus within that time. That doesn't mean the organization is nearing end-of-life, it means that as the Internet has changed, so has IETF.

Now, refining a few core protocols -- that'd be great.  Trying to be
the government of all protocols -- huh?

The IETF never has tried to be the government of all protocols.

Keith