Re: improving WG operation

2005-05-06 09:49:26
Keith,

  - The working group gets to pick at least some of its own chairs.

Sorry, but I do not think the last bullet is correct.

I was talking about community expectation, which is not always consistent with
what is written in the RFCs.... just like implementations of networking
protocols are not always consistent with the RFCs.

Such situation requires revised RFCs.

So, if there is indeed the IETF community expectation that the WG
gets to pick at least some of its own chairs, then rfc3710 needs
to be revised to reflect this. Which includes *clearly* spelling
out the process by which the WG gets to pick at least some of its
own chairs.

In fact, perhaps some folks from the IESG (e.g., Brian) would comment
on this topic...

Yakov.