Re: Proper WG chairs (Re: Voting (again))

2005-05-10 04:52:59
Dave Crocker wrote:
But I would suspect that we aren't careful enough for Chair
positions in being certain that the candidate has enough free time and
full support from their employer.

Not that it would guarantee anything, but it might be useful to have a candidate for working group chair formally agree to something in the style of a contract, mostly to make sure they read a list of requirements and expectations for the job. Such things as the average amount of time required could be included in the document.

If we're after transparency, maybe this should simply be noted in the
WG Charter.

"The co-chairs have each agreed to provide approximately x% of their
working time for this effort."

    Brian