RE: improving WG operation

2005-05-10 16:50:28

Just remember that Internet users have designed P2P, VoIP,
NATs, etc. for
some and that others have more processing and communication
powers than the
whole AT&T 20 years ago) and you never know who will need
what (even if
99.99% will never read an RFC, they will all read RFC quotes
and they must
be clear and consistent with what their consultant, their ISP, their
operator will tell them). What I mean is there is no Internet
"gnosis",
there should only be an Internet "gospel".

Exactly, do I have to send an engineer to every IETF WG meeting just to
make sure that they don't decide to delete some feature of some protocol
that I am depending on?