RE: improving WG operation

2005-05-10 17:49:07
On 01:50 11/05/2005, Hallam-Baker, Phillip said:

> Just remember that Internet users have designed P2P, VoIP,
> NATs, etc. for
> some and that others have more processing and communication
> powers than the
> whole AT&T 20 years ago) and you never know who will need
> what (even if
> 99.99% will never read an RFC, they will all read RFC quotes
> and they must
> be clear and consistent with what their consultant, their ISP, their
> operator will tell them). What I mean is there is no Internet
> "gnosis",
> there should only be an Internet "gospel".

Exactly, do I have to send an engineer to every IETF WG meeting just to
make sure that they don't decide to delete some feature of some protocol
that I am depending on?

They do not not only delete. I suggest you just come to the WG-ltru where they have decided to document RFC 2277 charsets into RFC 3066 langtags. So you can enjoy charset conflicts, something you never though about, I presume. You cannot stop progress.
jfc