RE: mac layer in manets

2005-06-07 03:33:46
Prasanna,

No offense, but...

- The IETF is working on Internet technologies,
located at layers 3 to 7 of the OSI model.

- The IEEE is working on physical technologies,
located at layers 1 to 2 of the OSI model.

- MAC is located at OSI layer 2 of the OSI model. No
relation with IETF.

- And above all, neither IETF nor IEEE should be
considered as newsgroups, knowledge centers, or
ask-the-experts mailing lists.

May I remind you that - although it is open to any
interested individual - the IETF is a community of
network designers, operators, vendors, and researchers
concerned with the evolution of the Internet
architecture and the smooth operation of the Internet.

There are plenty of web sites and other Internet
resources out there, where you will find the answers
to all your questions.

Imagine if IETF and IEEE had to answer questions asked
by thousands of students/researchers from all
universities/research centers from all countries!!!

If you need further
advice/answers/explanations/help/information/suggestions,
you can contact me personally (I swear I'll not start
billing you before 10 mails ;-).

Eric.

PS: IETF survey : please rate 0%(no)-100%(yes) how
much you agree with the above statements. ;-)

--- "Prasanna S.J" <prasanna(_dot_)sj(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> a écrit :

hello sir,

  this is prasanna research student in
SERC,IISc,Banglore.
  sir i am working on bandwidth utilization and
power control in adhoc n/ws.
  if it is possible to give some idea regarding
basic power control
i.e. Pmax for control packets such as rts/cts and
Pmin(minimum
necessary power) for data-ack in mac layer.
implementing this basic mechanism where will be the
changes required
in ns-2 simulator plz inform me.
sir if any other materials regarding this plz inform
me
sir plz guide me in all possibilities regarding this
work.
i am waiting for your reply...................

thanking you.
prasanna