Re: mac layer in manets

2005-06-09 20:15:38
Alex, sometimes 'SIR' can be used by someone to show his/her sincerity
and loyalty when in need of assistance. It was simple to tell Prasanna
to subscribe at http://www.isi.edu/nsnam/ns/ns-lists.html

Joe.
On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 01:04, Alexandru Petrescu wrote:
Prasanna S.J wrote:
hello sir,

this is prasanna research student in SERC,IISc,Banglore.

Hey Prasanna.

sir i am working on bandwidth utilization and power control in adhoc
n/ws. if it is possible to give some idea regarding basic power
control i.e. Pmax for control packets such as rts/cts and
Pmin(minimum necessary power) for data-ack in mac layer. implementing
this basic mechanism where will be the changes required in ns-2
simulator plz inform me.

"Implementation" on NS-2 simulator can be discussed on the NS-2 mailing
list.  I think there are more chances to find people with direct
experience on power-aware wireless stuff over there.

sir if any other materials regarding this plz inform me

google 802.11b power Pmax gives http://www.wilmaproject.org/mdgd-p.pdf
which says Pmax 20mw (14dBm) and min useful signal power 1.0pW (-60dBm).

sir plz guide me in all possibilities regarding this work. i am
waiting for your reply...................

... please don't call me "Sir" :-)  I am not.  One could call somebody
"Sir" if he held that British title, Sir Elton John is an example,
otherwise why not just calling her/him by his/her first name...

When writing to the ietf mailing list there is little chance that a
Sir - and even less a King - will reply, I think.

Alex

Joseph C. Mushi,
Wuhan University of Technology,
School of Information Engineering,