RE: Client and server authentication for email (was: RE: Last Call: 'Email Submission Between Independent Networks' to BCP)

2005-06-11 08:32:38
-----Original Message-----
From: John C Klensin [mailto:john-ietf(_at_)jck(_dot_)com]
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2005 10:57 AM
To: Christian Huitema; Brian E Carpenter; Keith Moore
Cc: iesg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org; Dave Crocker; ietf(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Client and server authentication for email (was: RE:
Last Call: 'Email Submission Between Independent Networks' to BCP)

[snip]

It may be just my ignorance, but this does raise, for me,
some additional issues.  Perhaps they should be put on the
agenda for discussion in the Apps Area meeting (assuming on
is held) in Paris, since this impacts not just email but just
about every application we have:

[snip]

An apparea meeting is planned, but due to the change in meeting structure
we've asked to have it scheduled for a one-hour slot on Monday.  Ted and I
are open to having a discussion topic if someone is willing to lead the
discussion.

-Scott-