alternative recommendations for submission of mail

text for portions of draft-hutzler-spamops-04.txt, I decided to try my
hand at writing my own set of recommendations with similar (though not
identical) scope.    I did this both because it seemed difficult to be
to supply isolated sections of text that would remedy the problems I
saw with that document, and also as an exercise to see whether _I_
could describe the desired behavior with appropriate clarity and
precision.

I believe (though I may be demonstrated to be wrong) that these
recommendations are more precisely worded and at least those
recommendations that are similar in both documents are more correctly
stated in mine. In addition, a comparison between the two documents may
reveal some issues that might require further discussion before any
recommendations are formally adopted.

For the sake of expediency (as in, I haven't had time to figure out
what additional hoops I need to jump through to submit an I-D these
days) my initial draft is available as a web page:
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~moore/opinions/email-submission-recommendations.html

If there's sufficient interest I will post a revised version as an
Internet-Draft.  However I'm happy to support the Hutzler document (as
I believe we substantially agree on intent) if it can be revised to be
more precise and to address concerns that have been raised.

Keith

p.s. the referenced web page is intended as an IETF contribution and is
subject to all provisions  of Section 3 of RFC 3667.