Re: Appeal of decision to standardize "Mapping Between the Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) and Internet Mail"

2005-06-14 09:12:43
I think this is one of those cases where it's best NOT to have EVERY
last process detail laid in stone. :-)

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

John C Klensin wrote:
John, I don't see any text in RFC 2026 that gives an appeal
suspensive effect. However, as a matter of common sense, I have
asked the Secretariat to request the RFC Editor to suspend RFC
publication.

I don't see that text either.  I suspect it was omitted because of
the possibility of denial of service attacks on getting standards out
(Scott Bradner, a comment on this might be helpful).   But, because
publication of this with an implied recommendation to implement would
make any subsequent action on an appeal essentially moot, your common
sense solution is appreciated.