Re: WG management

2005-06-17 01:21:51
Dave,

To date, we treat most of the IETF process as uinsg free resources. Hence we do no real scheduling of valuable resources, except by fifo and congestion behaviors. Is that really any way to run a major standards group?

To be blunt, I believe this is a direct consequence of our open door,
individual participation ethic. If you want firm resource commitments,
you have to ask corporations and other organizations, not individuals,
to make the commitment. When you have firm corporate commitments, you can
do resource planning. It becomes a different game. This is definitely
a case of being careful what you wish for.

    Brian