Re: I'm not going to listen to this any more.

2005-06-28 10:28:21
Nick,

I could, but I won't. You and Dean may not realise just how
annoying and irrelevant your public quarrel is to those of
us who want to focus our time on technical issues.

You two are not alone; we've had other extended public
quarrels on this list. They are never OK. So (and this is
addressed to everybody on the list) if you ever feel the desire
to launch a quarrel or take part in one, please take it
elsewhere. Here, we stick to professional discourse.

    Brian

Brian E Carpenter
IETF Chair
Distinguished Engineer, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM

Nicholas Staff wrote:
You could also reasonably rule it obnoxious, childish, and pubescent.
Moreover since according to your earlier post you don't think fact is an
acceptable defense of a personal attack your response is at best a curious
double standard.  Unless of course your comment about it being fact was just
some snyde payback from an earlier discussion.

Clearly Harald included himself in the conversation for the sole purpose of
being a jerk and his success in that area was disruptive and deconstructive
at least for me.

Best regards,

Nick Staff