Re: I'm not going to listen to this any more.

2005-06-27 10:02:50
Brian,

I have the good fortune to not be subscribed to the
namedroppers list, so I have no familiarity with past
traffic on that list. I think it behooves us all to let
bygones be bygones - I don't see much point in debating
alleged misdeeds of former ADs.

ADs in their deeds, or misdeeds represent not just themselves, but
IESG as a whole. As such, deeds/misdeeds of ADs should be viewed
as deeds/misdeeds of IESG, and not just of individual ADs. Therefore,
I think it behooves IESG to resolve *in a public forum* complains
about alleged misdeeds by ADs, irrespective of whether these ADs
are former or not.

Yakov.

     Brian

Dean Anderson wrote:
Mr. Alvestrand's comments certainly demonstrates the animousity of the
former chair and they demonstrate his motive for not enforcing the IETF
and ISOC Code of Conduct against those making personal attacks against
Dean Anderson, Av8 Internet, and perhaps others, such as Dan Bernstein,
who were abused but the abuse was never properly redressed, nor were the
abusers chastisted or punished in any way.  Abuse of Mr. Bernstein by
Randy Bush was on the Namedroppers (DNSEXT) list, and included publishing
his subscription address enabling forged unsubscriptions, and altering or
delaying his messages and other inappropriate "special treatment" for
which Mr. Bush was never chastised or punished, nor made to apologize.

Mr. Alvestrands recent comments shows again the substance to this
complaint:
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg30614.html

Therefore, I would like to renew the earlier Code of Conduct complaints
made against Mr. Vixie and others, with the additional provision noting
the personal hostility of the former chair, Mr. Alvestrand, and his
failure to act appropriately regardless of his personal hostility.

I believe the IETF owes an apology to Dan Bernstein, Dean Anderson, Av8
Internet, and possibly others.

Dean Anderson
Av8 Internet, Inc