Re: S stands for Steering [Re: Should the IESG rule or not?]

2005-06-30 23:12:17
On 07/01/2005 13:02 PM, Ken Carlberg allegedly wrote:
My view is that your impression of the reaction is incorrect.  in
taking the position that respondents can be classified as either:
a) being satisfied with the IESG *decision*, b) dissatisfied or
uncomfortable with the decision, or c) could not be clearly
determined by the content of their response, I came up with the
following list.

You can add me to the "satisfied" column.  The IESG is asked to take
positions and to lead (despite what a few think).  That's risky -- no
matter what they do they get criticism from somewhere.  Maybe they
didn't *phrase* the announcement perfectly, but the decision is
correct.  Something like this must have a serious, long-term IETF
review.  We need to take the overall design of the Internet into
account and not just be administrators.