Re: [newtrk] Question about Obsoleted vs. Historic

2005-07-11 08:36:03
Bruce Lilly wrote:
On Mon July 11 2005 02:54, john(_dot_)loughney(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com wrote:

This really made me scratch my head. One would imagine if a protocol is
obsoleted
by another, it would not be listed as a Draft Standard any longer.
What is the reason for continuing to list something obsolete as a Draft
Standard?

Lack of action by the IESG.

No, lack of action by the community to request moving documents to Historic.

And confusion in the standards process as to whether a new PS or DS truly
replaces an old STD, but that's something we've already beaten to death in
newtrk.

   Brian