RE: When to DISCUSS?

2005-07-11 09:52:38
From: Scott W Brim [mailto:sbrim(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com]

There are occasions when limiting the number of deployed
solutions is very good for the future of the Internet, and in
those cases, pushing for Foo even when Bar is just as good is
quite legitimate.

I have no argument at all when the IESG suggests a previously deployed
approach over an undeployed approach or promotes one deployed approach
over another or one undeployed approach over another.

What I do have a real problem with is being told that I have to adopt
approach which depends on undeployed infrastructure when there is an
alternative approach that does not require new infrastructure.

It is only common sense to tell people not to reinvent TCP. Telling
people that they have to wait for the existing DNS infrastructure to
support new record types is not an acceptable demand.