Re: When to DISCUSS?

2005-07-12 01:55:30
My biggest concern here is not the IESG itself, it's the folk who
presume to speak on its behalf.

This is a valid concern, and one that has made me cringe multiple
times. I've too often heard of reports where someone says "but the
IESG will never accept this", or "that's not what AD foo says", etc.

Folks should not take such statements as gospel, but should do due
diligence to verify that such statements are actually true and make
sense (statements are often nuanced, and meaning gets significantly
changed when paraphrased, etc.).

Bottom line, folks should be skeptical about blanket assertions,
unless they are convinced  they really understand the issues and the
justification for an AD (or the IESG) saying something.  If in doubt,
ask and get additional opinions.

Thomas