Re: Seeking reviewers for language tag registry docs in WG last call

2005-07-14 20:31:51
On 02:45 15/07/2005, Randy Presuhn said:
Please do not be misled by the domain name of http://rfc3066.org/review.htm
That site is not affiliated with the ltru WG or the
ietf-languages(_at_)iana(_dot_)org
mailing list that performs the language tag review function described in RFC 3066.

This is right. There are two doctrines.
- an exclusive one: to have a new RFC restricting the possibilities of RFC 3066 in term of language support - an inclusive one: to keep RFC 3066 as a flexible base for innovation, and to accep the Draft in parallel

I think prospective reviewers' time would be much better spent looking at
the actual documents under WG last call, rather than trying to make sense of
the stuff at  http://rfc3066.org/review.htm

The "stuff" concerns considerations on IETF/ISO/UN relative authoritativeness, standard disclaimer on political aspects inovlved in multilingualism, compatibility between the IANA structure and ISO Registry standards, need of retro-compatibility with new propositions, etc.

During a WGLC all the last-call issues must be addressed by the WG. This is for me the only way to clarify these points while waiting the WG Charter to be analysed.

The documents under WG last call are
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-registry-09.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ltru-initial-02.txt

We'd prefer to have your comments on the documents themselves,
rather than reactions to Jefsey's sometimes over-heated polemic.

??? the question is to know if the general points _not_ mentionned into the Draft should be added to it, or belong to a separate Framework document?

Very dull and practical.
jfc